Dawson County Human Resources
What we do:
The Dawson County Human Resources Department provides services, support and expertise for county departments in the areas of human resource administration and employee and labor relations. The department works with Elected Officials, Department Heads, County employees, County appointed boards and the public. Work activities include ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and County policies regarding management and employment; staffing; human resource development; employee and labor relations; workplace health and safety, classification and pay; and benefit administration.
How we do it:
The Human Resources Department establishes policies and procedures and directs or administers the personnel activities of the County including staffing and strategic planning, recruitment and selection, compensation, classification, collective bargaining, health and safety, benefits, performance management, training, development employee and labor relations. Additionally, the Department ensures that all these services are provided in a legal and ethical manner.
Dawson County Human Resources develops and protects the County's most valuable resource - its employees. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and supporting a qualified, diverse workforce. We do this by providing quality service and adhering to open, equitable and ethical personnel standards.
We carry out our mission with integrity, dignity, responsiveness, and professionalism, defined by these core values, exhibiting PRIDE in our service to Dawson County, our employees, and our community:
- PEOPLE - we are people focused, matching and balancing the needs of employees and community with those of Dawson County.
- RESPECT - we create an environment of respect for all, founded in equity, courtesy, approachability, understanding and responsiveness.
- INTEGRITY - we foster integrity as the foundation for all that we do, promoting honesty and trust, open and clear communication, confidentiality, and collaboration in an environment of team work.
- DIVERSITY - we recognize and appreciate our similarities and differences, celebrating diversity in people, philosophies, cultures, beliefs and abilities.
- EXCELLENCE - we deliver quality and excellence by being knowledgeable, responsive, consistent, engaged and professional.