Welcome to Dawson County Montana
The Dawson County Health Department is requesting the assistance of community members in doing their due diligence in preventing the spread of norovirus circulating in our area. Just because you have had Norovirus once, it does not provide you with immunity. Within three weeks, you could get it again.
Norovirus symptoms include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea .
Preventative measures include:
- Hand Hygiene – wash with soap and water NOT hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer does not destroy the norovirus.
- Disinfect - contaminated surfaces including laundry with chlorine bleach.
- Launder – contaminated bedding and laundry should be washed with hot water, detergent and bleach
- Protect yourself by wearing gloves when handling soiled items.
- Food Prep – do not prepare food for at least 48 to 72 hours after symptoms end.
- Stay home – Do not return to work or school or childcare for at least 48 hours after symptoms resolve.
If symptoms persist or worsen, follow up with your healthcare provider.
For more information click on the links below:
Please note the Agenda and Minutes are now on the blue tab of this page.
Schedules meetings are on the green Calendar tab.
Dawson County Commissioners
The commissioners public meetings are scheduled at 10:00 a.m. on the first Tuesday of the Month and at 5:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month. Any items, other than ministerial, requiring a decision by the commissioners must be discussed during the commissioner's scheduled public meetings. The meeting is closed to the public until the public comment period unless questioned by the chairman. Comments must be addressed to the chairman.
Agendas 2020 Fair Board Agendas