River Road Irrigation Board Meeting with Engineers on September 7th at 7:00 p.m. in Dawson County Courthouse Conference Room.
Due to the extreme fire danger in Dawson County, the Dawson County Commissioners and the Dawson County Fire Warden have implemented the following restrictions until further notice:
CAMPFIRES and other fires are prohibited everywhere. Liquid petroleum and LPG stoves that can be turned on and off are allowed.
SMOKING is prohibited outside of vehicles, buildings, and developed recreation sites, unless you are in a 3-foot diameter area cleared of burnable vegetation.
OPERATING motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails is prohibited.
Metropolitan Sanitary Sewer District Project
The schedule below is not on top of the current assessment, it replaces the present assessment.
For link to total assessment fee, click here
PUBLIC NOTICE-STATE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
STAGE I FIRE RESTRICTIONS
WHEREAS, high temperatures and low precipitation have occurred within Dawson County during the months of June and July 2017 resulting in dry fuel conditions, poor soil moisture conditions and low water supplies which has contributed to a HIGH wildland fire danger; and
WHEREAS the Dawson County Board of County Commissioners declares that all the private land not under the jurisdiction of the municipalities or state or federal agencies is a high fire hazard area.
NOW, THEREFORE IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED, that Dawson County will follow Stage I Restrictions at 12:00 a.m. July 19th, 2017 due to HIGH wildland fire danger and will remain in effect until rescinded or revoked.
The following acts are prohibited until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire unless noted in the exemptions below.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren and cleared of all flammable materials.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorized the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a device solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devises can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
- Person conducting activities on those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within the city or Town boundary is exempted.
An exemption does not absolve an individual or organization from liability or responsibility for any fire started by the exempted activity.
Failure to comply with this order is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $500 or imprisonment in a county jail for not more than 6 months or both (MCA 76-13-112).
IT IS FURTHER RESOLVED, that all activities that might potentially cause a fire shall cease immediately and be prohibited until further notice.
ADOPTED this 18th day of June, 2017 by the Board of County Commissioners-Dawson County, Montana.